Location – Pune
This position reports to HR.
Degree / Diploma in Engineering OR M.Sc. – Environment Science AND
Advanced Diploma In Industrial Safety (Approved By MSTBE or CLI)
English, Marathi, Hindi
Between 35 to 50 years, Male
Candidate should have 14 – 18 years plus experience in Safety dept. from steel, automobile, Heavy industry.
- Control of Personal Injuries: To advice the concerned departments in planning & organizing measures necessary for the control of personal injuries, Zero accident target.
- Risk Assessment / Job Safety Analysis: To advice on Safety aspects in all job studies and to carry out detailed Job Safety Study (Risk Assessment) of selected jobs.
- Plant Safety Inspections: To carry out plant Safety Inspections in order to observe the physical conditions of work and procedures followed by workers and to render advice on the same.
- Reporting & Investigation of Industrial Accidents: To render advice on matters relating to reporting & investigation of Industrial Accidents. To investigate selected accidents.Maintenance of such records which are related to industrial accidents.
- Safety Committee: To promote setting up of Safety Committee. To conduct weekly Departmental Safety Committee Meetings & Periodical Central Safety Committee Meetings.
- Safety Awareness Programmes: To organize Safety awareness Campaigns, Competitions, and Contests for the employees during National Safety Week, Road Safety Week and World Environment Day.
- Safety Trainings: To conduct suitable training programmes for prevention of personal injuries.Should have Lead auditor certificate & Exp. As M.R. for ISO 14001:2004 & OHSAS 18001:2007.Conduct scenario based Mock Drillsat plant.
8.Day to Day Office Activities:Handling day to day office activities such as Releasing Safety Work Permits, Raising Purchase Requisitions / Orders in SAP, Preparation of Presentations for Central Safety Committee Meeting, MIS, and Management Review Meeting etc.;attending daily meetings.
- Legal & Statutory Exposure:Exposure in Renewal Licenses like Explosives, Boilers, MPCBConsents, Hazardous Waste, Supervision on Operation andMaintence of STP, Filling Monthly WaterCess returns, Maintain Good Rapport with Govt official like MPCB, Factory Inspector Office,ESI Office and as may be required from time to time.
- Candidate should be conceptually strong. Candidate should be detail oriented, having systems approach and ability to take the team along to bring about a cultural change.
- Identify the hazards and outline appropriate control measures in the following areas; movement of people and vehicles, manual and mechanical handling operate equipment. Electrical, chemical and biological, physical and psychological skills working at height, excavation work& confined spaces & demolition.
- Be able to carry out a safety inspection of the workplace identifying hazards, recommending control measures and preparing a management report.
- Fulfillment of statutory requirements of Government /effective liaison with external agencies for getting consent to Operate/getting various licenses/Permissions/Preparation for Compliance.